1. Dog or breed of interest?
2. Why this breed?
3. Previously owned this breed?
4. Sex of dog wanted?
5. Age of dog wanted?
6. Color preference?
7. Size preference?
8. Do you own or rent? If you
rent, do you have the owners permission to keep this type of dog?
9. Do you live in an
10. How long at current residence? If less
than 1 year list previous address and how long lived there.
11. Currently in your household: # Adults:
# Children & their ages:
12. Are there regular visitors (human or
animal) with which your new dog must get along with?
13. Do you own other animals?
Number of Dogs?
Are dogs neutered/spayed?
Breed, Sex and age of each dog:
Number of Cats
Are cats neutered/spayed?
14. Number of dogs owned in past 5
15. Name of regular Veterinarian:
16. Name/phone & relationship of at
least one personal reference:
17. Do you have a fenced Yard?
If so, what is height and type.
Does fencing completely enclose yard?
18. Do you have a separate kennel run?
If so, List Height, size & type.
19. If no fenced yard or kennel, how will
you handle the dogs exercise and toilet duties?
20. List all plans for this dog (Pet,
obedience, agility, hunting, herding, Frisbee, fly ball, guard,
21. Describe where the dog will spend time
during the day?
22. Describe where the dog will spend time
during the night?
23. How many hours will the dog spend alone
in an average day?
24. I have marked my preferences above, but would
be willing to consider a suitable dog of a different Breed, Sex, Color, Size and/or Age (list all that apply):
25. Do you understand that TAS requires
this dog be spayed/neutered?
26. Do you agree to license this dog?
27. Do you agree to give regular health
care & grooming required for this breed?
28. Would you be willing to let a
representative of TAS visit your home by appointment? If not,
29. Are you willing to give up 6 months for
the dog to adjust?
30. Why would you get rid of a dog?
31. Do you agree to contact TAS if you do
not want or can no longer keep this dog?
32. Are you over 18 years of age? If not,
do you have your parents permission and support in getting this
33. Do you understand that TAS has an
adoption contract for you to sign?
34. Do you understand that TAS reserves the
right to refuse an applicant for any reason?
35. TAS is a non-profit organization and in
order to continue rescuing pets we must ask for an adoption fee
so can help other pets in-need. Do you understand that TAS
requires an adoption fee for each pet?